Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Awa the smugness …

I am amazed at the sense of self superiority that comes from finding a spelling mistake in others work.

I have never been a good speller and I have always been turned off by the arbitrary and inflexible nature of the rules that under lie the rules of modern English.

If the only meaningful criticism that you can offer is a misspelling. Recognize that you are announcing to the author and perhaps the larger world. I myself am lacking in creativity and do not have the ability or desire to produce anything meaningful on my one. What is more I do not have the intellect or insight necessary to understands or criticize your work as a whole or its component parts. I am going to claim what glory I can by demonstrating my knowledge of and adherence to an arbitrary set of rules. This arbitrary set of rules was originally established as a concise of monks. None of whom had more than four years of what we would call formal education.

see Spelling Bee Champs: Where Are They Now?

No comments:

Post a Comment